- Do we need humanistic sciences - arts & literature - today?
- Do we need knowledge of culture, history and philosophy for an understanding of people and society today?
The obvious answer is: Yes!
Humanistic knowledge is the foundation of our culture.
- Without we view the world one-sided; we lose perspectives and points of orientation.
- Humanistic knowledge explains how we understand things today - and how we should look towards the future.
The past is also present in the future!
Humanistic knowledge is concerned with what we live for.
- It is about direction and goals rather than concrete assignments.
- It is about mainatining complexity and nuances.
Humanistic knowledge is not to think about solutions to problems but to ask why we have the problems in the first place!
From a humanistic and philosophical tradition I offer:
Space for reflection and critical view on our situation and problems.
- Time to ask if we do the right in the right way.
- Time to ask if there is any substance in the work we do, or we merely repeat ourselves.
- Time to learn from the experiences we bring with us.
- Time to turn towards the values we build our communities on and to remind us about what they offer us and ask of us.
I do talks for inspiration
- to review strategies in a humanistic perspectiv.
- to question current agendas and point towards other.
Make reports with a humanistic-philosophical perspective on specific topics.
I wish to create reflections and to point at what is ignored and forgotten in the current agendas - to turn things on their head and challenge routines and usual patterns of thinking.